Sam’s Secrets – Sensational Chocolate Brownies
What is there to say about this recipe – it really speaks for itself. In my opinion you can’t go wrong with a chocolate brownie, especially this brownie. The delegates love them so much that we’ve even had requests for them to be served on the day of their event!
A tip here – the mixture should be barely warm when the eggs and flour are added. And use a bamboo skewer to test if the brownie is cooked … the skewer should feel moist if you want fudgy brownies, which is my favourite way!! If not bake the brownies for another 5 minutes or so.
When you’re done, store your brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week … if you can keep them that long. Best served at room temperature. Enjoy!!
Prep and cook time 1 hour – makes 96 little pieces of Heaven!
185g (6 ounces) unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
300g (10 ½ ounces) dark eating (semi sweet) Chocolate, broken into pieces.
¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (225g) plain, all purpose flour, don’t forget to sift
2 teaspoons cocoa powder, for dusting, also sifted to prevent annoying lumps!!
1. Preheat your oven to 170C/340F. Grease 20 x 30 (8inch x 12inch) rectangular tin: line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2inch) over sides
2. Stir butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over a low heat until smooth and silky. Remove from heat and whisk in sifted cocoa powder, brown and caster sugar and stir until smooth. At this point, you will be tempted to lick the spoon!
3. Stir eggs, vanilla extract and sifted flour into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into the grease proofed pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool brownies in the pan and put a little magic dusting cocoa powder over the brownies before cutting.
5. Finally you can enjoy that magical moment!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week … if you can keep them that long. Best served at room temp.
Note from the editor … here are just a few of the words we’ve heard delegates use to describe Sam’s heavenly treats!!
Out of this world