This ice breaker will work with groups of 5 to 10 and will help your delegates get to know each other better while having fun! If you have bigger numbers, simply split the room into groups of 5 to 10.
- Tell the group that tomorrow is going to be their lucky day! They are going to wake up tomorrow morning and find themselves stranded on a deserted tropical island for an indefinite period of time. They will only be allowed to bring one item to the island.
- Give the group two minutes to decide what they are going to take along.
- Once everyone has written down their item, ask each person to share their item with the rest of their group. Each person should briefly describe the object chosen, why it was chosen, and what they plan to do with their object.
- Once everyone has shared, ask the groups to figure out how they can improve their chances of survival by combining the items that their group will be bringing … in creative ways.
- Allow ten to fifteen minutes of brainstorming time, and then ask each group to present their ideas.
- Consider giving a prize to the most creative group.
- Thanks to internet5.com for this ice breaker