We understand how important it is for you, as a trainer, to have a stress free start to the day allowing you to concentrate on the job in hand. As a result we have introduced a 47 point checking procedure which ensures your event runs like clockwork.
Peace of mind on the day
Prior to your arrival our team checks everything from the room layout and temperature to whether the flipchart, pens and technical equipment work 100%, thus reducing wasted time and frustration for you and your delegates during the day. This allows you to start the day stress free and raring to go!
Introduction to ETCV
Once all your delegates are assembled and seated, one of our staff will carry out a short introduction to the centre including information on the toilet location, fire alarms/fire procedure, refreshment locations and times, one less thing for you to worry about.
Management and Technical Support
Our experienced events managers are on hand throughout the day to assist with any needs you may have, including administrative requirements. In addition, we have our own dedicated in-house technical support team who are on-hand to assist with any technical problems which may arise.
Going that extra mile
Sometimes when we are away from home things don’t always go as planned! At Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue we like to assist with any difficult situation eg: you rip your tights on the way in, the heel falls off your shoe, or your mobile battery dies when your wife is in her 40th week of pregnancy……
Where possible, our team will go that extra mile to make your day more comfortable by sourcing an appropriate mobile charge, pair of tights, or taking your shoes to be repaired. If it’s possible, we’ll do it!
During the day you may wish to stretch your legs or require one of the following local amenities:
- Post Office: just a minute’s walk down St Mary’s Street
- Taxis: can be ordered by one of our events team. Please just ask
- Newsagent: 50 yards up the road at the traffic lights
- Pharmacy: Just round the corner on Nicolson Street
- ATM: up St Mary’s Street, left onto the Royal Mile, 500 yards on the right at the traffic lights (Royal Bank of Scotland)
- Accommodation: There are a number of hotels within walking distance from Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue. Our team would be delighted to book a room on your behalf. Alternatively, here is the link to a few we recommend: ETCV Hotel Information
If you are arriving by car, then there are three multi-storey car parks just a few minutes walk from Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue. We have a concessionary rate at the St John’s Hill NCP car park, to get a 10% discount you just need to get your parking ticket validated by our receptionist. See our location map.
A map of Edinburgh outlining Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue’s location can be found here.
Directions to Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue can be found here.