Delegate Information for the venue
We want you to enjoy your time at the venue, so here is a list of the things we think you would like to know. If we’ve missed anything, just call one of our team on 0131 538 8333. We’ll be pleased to help.
We’re situated in the Old Town, just off the Royal Mile, midway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace.
Our address is:
16 St. Mary’s Street
- Train – About five minutes walk from Edinburgh Waverley train station. See map here.
- Bus – Numerous buses pass nearby. See the bus route map here, St Mary’s Street is in the bottom right corner of the map.
- Car – Discounted parking at the St John’s Hill NCP car park, entrance in 2 Viewcraig Gardens, Edinburgh EH8 9UQ. To receive the discount, get your token validated at our office on the 2nd floor.
- Air – Get a taxi from the airport (about £20) or take the Airlink Bus at £3.50 single or £6.00 return.
- Bike – Secure storage in our rear courtyard. Just ask at the front desk.
Hints and tips
- Sat Nav – Enter “16 St Mary’s Street” into your sat nav as well as our EH1 1SU postcode, as the lane at the back of our building shares the same postcode.
- Taxis – when giving instructions to the taxi driver, please mention our address, 16 St. Mary’s Street, to make sure you end up at the right place.
- Buses – you can get an app for your smartphone that provides live bus information Android or iPhone
Check here for our special rates at local hotels and apartments.
We can provide a wide range of catering, so please check with your event organiser to see what they have booked for your event. We offer;
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit, served in your room or the Coffee Lounge
- Homemade cake
- Restaurant lunch, including light options
- Buffet lunch
If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance and we’ll make sure the food we provide meets your requirements.
There are water coolers in all our rooms.
Services and Facilities
The team in our office on the 2nd floor will be pleased to help you with any service requirements you might have, e.g.
- Photocopying and printing (please note, there may be a charge for larger volumes of copying/printing)
- Taxi booking
- Lost property
Internet access is available throughout the venue via our free WiFi network.
WiFi and front door access codes can be found on the back of room doors.
Internet café – There are five internet connected PCs in the Coffee Lounge.
All areas of the building have Disabled Access. Please call the team on 0131 538 8333 if you have any specific questions.
Other Useful Information
- Post Office – Just a minute’s walk down St Mary’s Street.
- Newsagent – 50 yards up the road at the traffic lights.
- Pharmacy – Walk up St Mary’s Street, left onto the Royal Mile, 100 yards on the right hand side.
- ATM – Walk up St Mary’s Street, left onto the Royal Mile, 500 yards on the right at the traffic lights (Royal Bank of Scotland).
- What to do in Edinburgh.
If you need any help during your time with us, just come to the Reception on the 2nd floor and our team will be delighted to help. Because,